New Construction Information

new construction
New Residential Construction:
  • Building Contractors Bond (Use City of Nederland Bond Form)
  • Completed building permit application
  • Two (2) complete sets of floor plans/blueprints, but not limited to elevations, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and structural
  • Submittal of water and sewer application to Public Works (409) 723-1541 for price and location of taps
  • Plot Plan and Site Survey, including a legal description. The survey must have been completed and stamped or sealed by a licensed land surveyor
  • Drainage plan showing the type of roof drainage system and how the roof drainage and surface water will be directed to the city’s drainage system without draining onto adjacent property
  • Third party Energy Code REScheck Compliance Certificate passed, signed and dated
  • Windstorm requirements - an engineer must submit the calculations for the required 120-mph wind load. The engineer’s framing inspection shall be submitted to the City before a City framing inspection is requested and performed
  • Storm water application and Notice of Intent (NOI) issued by TCEQ
New Commercial Construction:
  • All items listed for new residential, and;
  • Proof of registration with the TDLR for compliance with Texas Accessibility Standards required for projects valued at $50,000 and more.
  • An asbestos survey must be made prior to renovation or demolition of public or commercial buildings and the survey must be submitted to the Inspection Department prior to a permit being issued.
  • COMcheck form-passed, signed, dated submitted.
  • Copy of the application required by the Fire Department for a master key lockbox.
  • Approval by the City Engineer (409)723-1565 and Fire Marshal (409) 723-1535 required before permit is issued.
  • Plot plan with number and location of parking spaces shown with type of construction listed.
Before any construction begins, if required, the construction location site shall have on site a portable restroom, trash container or similar method approved by the building official and visible address numbers. If located within the storm water permit requirement then in addition to the other on site requirements the silt fencing, storm water permit posted and construction of a rock ingress and egress approach or similar method approved by the building official shall be installed.
Permitting Requirements for sub-contractors:
Air Conditioning:
(1) State License
(2) Certificate of Insurance (Res. $100,000; Com. $300,000)

Master Electrician:
(1) State License-MASTER; State License - Journeyman
(3) City Registration Fee (for Master Electrician a $75 first year; $25 annual renewal); (for Journeyman Electrician a $10 first year; $5 annual renewal fee)
(4) Certificate of Insurance ($300,000/600,000/300,000)

(1) Certificate of Insurance for $300,000 or $2,000 Bond
(2) Copy of License

Referenced Websites: