Home | Sitemap | Directory | Financial Transparency
Economic Development Opportunities
Request Driving Record
How to Find Us
The Utility Billing Department is responsible for the reading, billing, recording, and collecting charges for water, sewer and sanitation services provided to the residents of Nederland. The office operating hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. If you need to contact someone regarding problems with your water or sewer service after 5 p.m., on weekends, or on holidays, please call 723-1540.
Your service can be started the same day if requested by 12:00 P.M.
1. Any person and/or business desiring to obtain water service from the CITY shall make application on a form supplied by the CITY. The application shall include:
1. Name of the individual to be responsible for the payment of utility service
2. The social security number of the individual responsible for payment
3. The driver's license number
4. The applicant's employer
5. The applicant's work telephone number
6. Address to be served
7. Address, if different from the service address, to which bills are to be sent
8. Home telephone number
9. The signature of the individual responsible for payment
10. Proof of identification
11. Rental agreement if applicable
2. The person responsible for the payment of utility service shall agree that he/she will abide by all ordinances, rules, policies, and/or regulations governing water and sewer service provided by the CITY.
Account Numbers* 01 Thru 06
Billing Date 1st Tuesday of each month
Due Date 3rd Wednesday of that month
* Please note that the numbers indicated denote the first two numbers of your account number.
For your convenience, we accept payments in the form of: Cash, Check, Money Order, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or Bank Drafts.
Utility bills are due 15 days after they are issued. If payment is not received by the 16th day, a 10% penalty shall be assessed. If an account becomes two months past due, a disconnection notice is mailed to the customer as a final reminder. The total amount due must be paid before the disconnection notice due date to avoid interruption of service.
Account Numbers* 07 Thru 12
Billing Date 2nd Tuesday of each month
Due Date 4th Wednesday of that month
Account Numbers* 13 Thru 18
Billing Date 3rd Tuesday of each month
Due Date 1st Wednesday of the next month
Account Numbers* 19 Thru 24
Billing Date 4th Tuesday of each month
Due Date 2nd Wednesday of the next month
Businesses Inside the CITY limits may elect to utilize the CITY garbage service in accordance with the following schedule:
Inside City Rates (per month) $ 20.25 + sales tax*
Additional Container $ 10.00 + sales tax*
Care for some tips on good ways to help conserve water? Check out these information pages!
The City of Nederland, Texas
Click on a highlighted date to see events for that day.
Copyright © 2016. - Nederland, Texas
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM