R. A. "Dick" Nugent, Mayor
Don Albanese, Mayor Pro Tem
Talmadge Austin, Councilmember
Billy Neal, Councilmember
Craig J. Belaire, Councilmember
Christopher Duque, City Manager
P.O. Box 967 * Nederland, Texas 77627 * 409.723.1503 * Fax 409.723.1550
Agenda for Monday, November 22, 2004
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City
Council to be held Monday, November 22, 2004, 6:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400
Boston Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The City
Council reserves the right to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda items
whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Conduct a Public Hearing for the purpose of reviewing Ordinance No. 388, Juvenile Curfew
Ordinance; and proposed Juvenile Curfew Ordinance No. 2004-15.
- Consider action on existing Juvenile Curfew Ordinance No. 388.
- Consider action on proposed Juvenile Curfew Ordinance No. 2004-15.
Consider action concerning a request from Ronnie Sanders for partial reimbursement of costs
associated with the construction of a sewer line.
Consider action renewing an agreement with Wells Fargo for banking services.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of
the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as
authorized by law.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Appeal of Texas Gas Service Company from the ratesetting actions of the Cities of Nederland, Port Neches, and Groves
- IRS issues presented by the Nederland Volunteer Fire Department, Inc.
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, November 22, 2004