R. A. "Dick" Nugent, Mayor
Billy Neal, Mayor Pro Tem
Talmadge Austin, Councilmember
Craig J. Belaire, Councilmember
Christopher Duque, City Manager
P.O. Box 967 * Nederland, Texas 77627 * 409.723.1503 * Fax 409.723.1550
Agenda for Monday, October 11, 2004
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City
Council to be held Monday, October 11, 2004, 3:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400
Boston Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The City
Council reserves the right to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda items
whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Consider action proclaiming October 2004 as "Alpha Delta Kappa Month" in Nederland, Texas.
Receive comments from Nederland Chamber of Commerce representatives regarding a proposed mural
project on Boston Avenue.
Consider action authorizing the purchase of portable radios for the Police Department, Department
of Homeland Security grant.
- Consider action approving a payment to Schaumburg & Polk, Inc. in the amount of $290.00,
2002-2003 collection system rehabilitation (Year 5).
- Consider action approving a payment to Schaumburg & Polk, Inc. in the amount of $4,940.00, 2005
collection system rehabilitation.
- Consider action approving a payment to d.p. Consulting Engineers, Inc. in the amount of
$190,070.80, drainage improvements, Area 3, Option II.
- Consider action approving payment of the bills for the month of September.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of
the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as
authorized by law.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Appeal of Texas Gas Service Company from the ratesetting actions of the Cities of Nederland, Port Neches, and Groves
- IRS issues presented by the Nederland Volunteer Fire Department, Inc.
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, October 11, 2004