Agenda for Monday, September 27, 2004
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City
Council to be held Monday, September 27, 2004, 6:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400
Boston Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The City
Council reserves the right to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda items
whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Consider action proclaiming October 3-9, 2004 as "Fire Prevention Week" in Nederland, Texas.
- Consider action authorizing the closure of 14th Street, from Boston Avenue to Chicago
Avenue, on October 5, 2004, from 5:00-9:00 p.m., for Fire Prevention Week activities.
- Consider action authorizing the closure of 13th Street, from Atlanta Avenue to
Nederland Avenue, on October 23, 2004, from 7:00 a.m-5:00 p.m., for First United Methodist Church
Harvest Festival activities.
Consider action accepting a 1996 Ford Aerotech from Gold Star EMS.
- Consider action approving Resolution No. 2004-09, adopting the Southeast Texas Regional Hazard
Mitigation Plan for Jefferson County as the official Plan of the City of Nederland.
- Consider action approving Resolution No. 2004-10, authorizing the submission of a Texas
Community Development Program Application to the Office of Rural Community Affairs for the
community development project fund.
Review Investment Policy.
- Consider action approving amendments to the FY 2003-04 budget.
- Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2004-12, amending the FY 2003-04 budget.
- Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2004-13, declaring certain utility accounts as
STREET LIGHT REQUEST
Consider action authorizing the installation of a street light at 823 Boston Avenue.
Consider action regarding a request from the Nederland Little Dribblers to utilize the Nederland
Recreation Center gym and to waive rental fees.
Consider action approving a payment to d.p. Consulting Engineers, Inc. in the amount of $1,035.00,
upper Main C drainage improvements.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of
the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as
authorized by law.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Appeal of Texas Gas Service Company from the ratesetting actions of the Cities of Nederland, Port Neches, and Groves
- IRS issues presented by the Nederland Volunteer Fire Department, Inc.
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in
NEDERLAND VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT, INC. BANK ACCOUNT
Consider action regarding Nederland Volunteer Fire Department, Inc. "Command Van Account"
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, September 27, 2004