Don Albanese, Mayor
Billy Neal, Mayor Pro Tem
Talmadge Austin, Councilmember
Emmett Hollier, Councilmember
Sylvia Root, Councilmember
Christopher Duque, City Manager
P.O. Box 967 * Nederland, Texas 77627 * 409.723.1503 * Fax 409.723.1550
Agenda for Monday, August 9, 2004
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City
Council to be held Monday, August 9, 2004, 3:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400
Boston Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The City
Council reserves the right to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda items
whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Consider action regarding a request from Ricky Mitchell concerning his mobile home at 2803 Avenue
Conduct a Public Hearing for the purpose of receiving comments regarding the proposed City of
Nederland Fiscal Year 2004-05 Annual Budget.
Consider action approving Resolution No. 2004-06, authorizing the execution of a Memorandum of
Understanding between the City of Nederland and the Nederland Independent School District.
Consider action authorizing the submission of a grant to the Hebert Foundation for the Marion & Ed
Hughes Public Library.
Consider action authorizing the Nederland Police Department to escort Nederland High School buses
to out of town football games.
Consider action approving Change Order No. 1 and Final with Jerry Walley Construction, L.P. for
storm sewer system improvements, Allan Meadows Subdivision.
- Consider action approving a payment to d.p. Consulting Engineers, Inc. in the amount of $760.00,
Boston Avenue Pavement Rehabilitation Project.
- Consider action approving a payment to d.p. Consulting Engineers, Inc. in the amount of
$1,866.60, upper Main C drainage improvements.
- Consider action approving a payment to d.p. Consulting Engineers, Inc. in the amount of $578.80,
Allan Meadows drainage study.
- Consider action approving a payment to Brystar Contracting, Inc. in the amount of $219,470.90,
wastewater collection system rehabilitation (Years 4 & 5).
- Consider action approving a payment to Jerry Walley Construction, L.P. in the amount of $653.63,
Allan Meadows drainage project, final.
- Consider approval of the bills for the month of July.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of
the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as
authorized by law.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Appeal of Texas Gas Service Company from the ratesetting actions of the Cities of Nederland, Port Neches, and Groves
- IRS issues presented by the Nederland Volunteer Fire Department, Inc.
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, August 9, 2004