Agenda for Monday, July 23, 2007
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City Council to be held Monday, July 23, 2007, 6:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400 Boston Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda items whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
WARD I COUNCILMEMBER APPOINTMENT
- Consider action appointing an individual (John Bernard, Mark Byars, Darrin Dykes, Jeff Ortiz, or Robert Sawyer) to fill the unexpired term for the Councilmember Ward I position.
- Executive Session (No Public Discussion on these items)
The City Council will announce that it may go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as authorized by law.
Personnel - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.074
Discuss appointing an individual to fill the unexpired term for the Councilmember Ward I position.
John Bernard, Mark Byars, Darrin Dykes, Jeff Ortiz, Robert Sawyer
- Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action appointing an individual to fill the unexpired term for the Councilmember Ward I position.
ABANDONED AND DILAPIDATED STRUCTURES
Consider action regarding the rehabilitation or condemnation and demolition of abandoned and dilapidated structure at 804 S. Twin City Highway.
Consider action approving the final plat for the Lakes of Nederland subdivision.
TEXAS GAS SERVICE
- Presentation by Texas Gas Service concerning their Statement of Intent to Increase Rates within the Cities of Port Arthur, Port Neches, Nederland, and Groves, Texas dated July 10, 2007.
- Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2007-05, suspending the proposed rate increase request submitted by Texas Gas Service and authorizing a review of the filing.
Consider action approving Resolution No. 2007-12, ratifying the action of the Nederland Economic Development Corporation related to the incentive offered to Jazz Etc., Inc. dba Rad Graphics.
Receive Quarterly Investment Report from Finance Department.
Conduct a Public Hearing for the purpose of receiving comments regarding the proposed City of Nederland Fiscal Year 2007-08 Annual Budget.
CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
Discussion regarding the Five Year Capital Improvement Program.
- Consider action approving a payment to Carroll & Blackman, Inc. in the amount of $1,655.00, 12th Street and Avenue H Sanitary Sewer Replacement.
- Consider action approving a payment Compliance EnviroSystems, LLC in the amount of $7,052.82, 2007 Sewer TV Inspection.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as authorized by law.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in Executive Session.
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, July 23, 2007