R. A. "Dick" Nugent, Mayor
Billy Neal, Mayor Pro Tem
Talmadge Austin, Councilmember
Craig J. Belaire, Councilmember
Christopher Duque, City Manager
P.O. Box 967 * Nederland, Texas 77627 * 409.723.1503 * Fax 409.723.1550
Agenda for Monday, June 11, 2007
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City Council to be held
Monday, June 11, 2007, 3:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400 Boston
Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The
City Council reserves the right to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda
items whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government
Code, Chapter 551.
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Recognition of retiree Harry Carter.
- Consider action approving a request from Mr. Byron P. Walker, Sr., 1208 S. 23rd Street, regarding a license to encroach on C. Doornbos Park property with a fence.
- Consider approval of a request from Grantworks, Inc. to waive permit fees associated with Hurricane Rita related repairs to the structure at 523 S. 35th Street.
Consider action approving an Interlocal Agreement with the City of Port Neches for water meter reading services.
- Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2007-03, specifying authorized types of water meters.
- Consider action approving an amendment to Ordinance No. 107, amending stop sign Ordinance No. 107 allowing for the placement of a stop sign on South 29th Street at Avenue L and a stop sign on South 37th Street at Avenue B.
- Consider action approving an Easement Agreement between the City of Nederland and the Jefferson County Single Adults Club.
- Consider action approving an Easement Agreement between the City of Nederland and the Nederland Economic Development Corporation.
Consider action approving the purchase of a computer network server.
- Consider action approving payment to Allco, Ltd. in the amount of $49,887.35, sewer rehabilitation project.
- Consider action approving payment of the bills for May.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as authorized by law.
- Real Property- Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in Executive Session.
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, June 11, 2007