R. A. "Dick" Nugent, Mayor
Billy Neal, Mayor Pro Tem
Talmadge Austin, Councilmember
Craig J. Belaire, Councilmember
Christopher Duque, City Manager
P.O. Box 967 * Nederland, Texas 77627 * 409.723.1503 * Fax 409.723.1550
Agenda for Monday, May 10, 2004
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City Council
to be held Monday, May 10, 2004, 3:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400 Boston
Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The City Council
reserves the right to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda items whenever it is
considered necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Presentation by Entergy representatives regarding Team City-Nederland redesignation and
introduction of Teen Team City.
Consider action proclaiming May 10-15, 2004 as "National Tourism Week" in Nederland, Texas.
Consider action approving a Resolution No. 2004-04, endorsing the 10-year initiative to end
GROUP HEALTH BENEFITS
Discussion regarding bids received for employee group health benefits.
Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2004-02, animal control ordinance.
- Consider action awarding bid for Allan Meadows drainage improvements.
- Consider action authorizing the purchase of a cargo trailer for the Fire Department, Department
of Homeland Security Grant.
Consider action authorizing the submission of a Tobacco Compliance Grant.
- Consider action approving an amendment to the Jefferson County Rural Fire Prevention District #1
- Consider action approving an assignment of right-of-way for Conoco Phillips Company.
Consider action approving an Easement Agreement with the Bell Family Limited Partnership.
STREET LIGHT REQUEST
Consider action authorizing the installation of a street light at 215 S. 1 1/2 Street.
- Consider approval of a payment to d.p. Consulting Engineers, Inc. in the amount of $1,045.00,
upper Main C drainage improvements.
- Consider approval of a payment to d.p. Consulting Engineers, Inc. in the amount of $1,140.00,
Boston Avenue rehabilitation project.
- Consider approval of a payment to ALLCO, Inc. in the amount of $45,606.24, wastewater plant
- Consider approval of a payment to Neches Engineers in the amount of $1,320.00, Fire Station
- Consider approval of a payment to Neches Engineers in the amount of $697.32, Water Treatment
Plant roof design.
- Consider approval of the bills for the month of April.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of
the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as
authorized by law.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Litigation against KSA Engineers, Inc. and ALLCO, Inc. regarding water treatment plant
- Appeal of Texas Gas Service Company from the ratesetting actions of the Cities of Nederland, Port Neches, and Groves
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, May 10, 2004