Don Albanese, Mayor
Billy Neal, Mayor Pro Tem
Talmadge Austin, Councilmember
Emmett Hollier, Councilmember
Sylvia Root, Councilmember
Christopher Duque, City Manager
P.O. Box 967 * Nederland, Texas 77627 * 409.723.1503 * Fax 409.723.1550
Agenda for Monday, March 26, 2007
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City Council to be held
Monday, March 26, 2007, 6:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400 Boston
Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The
City Council reserves the right to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda
items whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government
Code, Chapter 551.
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Consider action awarding a bid for pipe bursting associated with the replacement of
sanitary sewer lines.
- Consider action approving an agreement with Tower Medical Center in Nederland
for alcohol and drug testing services.
- Consider action approving a one (1) year renewal of the contract with Servall
Services, Inc. for janitorial services.
- Consider action appointing Edgar, Kiker & Cross, PC to perform the City's audit for
Consider action approving a Declaration of Trust establishing the City of Nederland
Employee Benefits Trust for the purpose of providing health benefits.
Consider action approving Resolution 2007-09, supporting the passage of HB 2818 to
delay electric deregulation.
- Consider action approving payment to Neches Engineers in the amount of $2,107.05,
- Consider action approving payment to Schaumburg & Polk, Inc. in the amount of
$6,373.00, Beauxart Garden Road Improvements.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to
Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on
the agenda, or as authorized by law.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Consider potential litigation against Galveston Wireless, L.L.C.
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in Executive Session.
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, March 26, 2007