Don Albanese, Mayor
Billy Neal, Mayor Pro Tem
Talmadge Austin, Councilmember
Emmett Hollier, Councilmember
Sylvia Root, Councilmember
Christopher Duque, City Manager
P.O. Box 967 * Nederland, Texas 77627 * 409.723.1503 * Fax 409.723.1550
Agenda for Monday, December 15, 2003
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City Council to be held Monday,
December 15, 2003, 6:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400 Boston Avenue, Nederland,
Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The City Council reserves the right
to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda items whenever it is considered
necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
- Consider action approving an Easement Agreement with King Bethune, Inc. (Parkway Village).
- Consider action approving a contract with d.p. Consulting Engineers, Inc. for a drainage study.
- Consider action terminating a Lease Agreement with Eddie Harston King for the use of 908 Boston
- Consider action approving a Lease Agreement with House of Recovery for the use of 908 Boston
- Consider action awarding bid for drainage area 3.
- Consider action awarding bid for sanitary sewer manhole sealing.
- Consider action authorizing the advertisement of bids for a vehicle exhaust system for the Fire
- Consider action approving a Change Order No. 2 with Brystar Contracting, Inc. for the S.
5th Street sewer rehabilitation project.
- Consider action approving a Change Order No. 1 with Excavators & Constructors, Inc. for the
drainage area 3 project.
Consider action approving the donation of property and improvements at 12th Street and
Atlanta Avenue from the Nederland Economic Development Corporation to the City.
- Consider approval of a payment to DMS Painting, Inc. in the amount of $11,115.00, Canal Avenue
elevated storage tank painting.
- Consider approval of a payment to Neches Engineers in the amount of $320.46, fire station
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of
the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as
authorized by law.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Litigation against KSA Engineers, Inc. and ALLCO, Inc. regarding water treatment plant
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, December 15, 2003