Agenda for Monday, November 27, 2006
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a special meeting of the Nederland City Council to be held Monday, November 27, 2006, 6:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400 Boston Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda items whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Consider action proclaiming November 27, 2006 as "John and Stephen Darby Day".
Consider action regarding a request from Firdous Hamani to delay demolition of the property located at 2223 Nederland Avenue.
LICENSE TO ENCROACH
Consider action approving Resolution 2006-13, authorizing a License to Encroach at 907 N. 30th Street and authorizing the City Manager to sign the document if a variance is granted by the City.
Consider action approving a date for the Joint Public Hearing to be held regarding rezoning the property described as Lots 1 thru 10, Block 2, of the J.D. Ford Addition, from Light Industrial to Single-Family Residential Zoning.
Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2006-16, utility rates and regulations.
TEXAS COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Consider action approving Resolution No. 2006-16, designating signatories for the City's Texas Community Development Block Grant from the Office of Rural Community Affairs.
Consider action authorizing the advertisement of bids for the water and sewer line replacement CDBG project.
- Consider action authorizing the installation of a street light at 203 24th Street.
- Consider action authorizing the installation of a street light at 920 South 29th Street.
- Consider action approving a payment to N&T Construction Co., Inc. in the amount of $578.70, renovations to the Recreation Center and Hughes Library.
- Consider action approving a payment to Don S. Reichle & Associates, Inc. in the amount of $2,600, storm damage repair of South 5th Street and Canal Avenue Tanks and repair and painting of Hardy Avenue Tank.
- Consider action approving a payment to Excavators & Constructors, Inc. in the amount of $9,568.33, emergency repairs to water line at the water treatment plant.
- Consider action approving a payment to Schaumburg & Polk, Inc. in the amount of $930, wastewater discharge permit.
- Consider action approving payment to N&T Construction Co., Inc. in the amount of $38,563.93, renovations to the Fire Station.
- Consider action approving payment to The LaBiche Architectural Group, Inc. in the amount of $1,715.62, Hurricane Rita restoration to City buildings.
- Consider action approving a payment to Schaumburg & Polk, Inc. in the amount of $9,831.99, Beauxart Garden Road Improvements.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as authorized by law.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Consider potential litigation against Galveston Wireless, L.L.C.
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in Executive Session.
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, November 27, 2006