Agenda for Monday, October 9, 2006
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a special meeting of the Nederland City Council to be held Monday, October 9, 2006, 3:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400 Boston Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda items whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Receive comments from Jimmy McKinney, 1412 Avenue E, regarding taxes.
Consider action authorizing the closure of the 1100 and 1200 blocks of Boston Avenue on October 31, 2006, from 5:30-8:00 p.m., for Boston Avenue Merchants' Association Halloween activities.
- Consider action granting approval of a petition submitted by Triangle Acquisitions, Inc. requesting that a 91.9 acre tract be annexed by the City.
- Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2006-13, annexing a portion of the City's extraterritorial jurisdiction and adopting a Service Plan.
- Consider action approving an amendment to Ordinance No. 154, amending the ward boundary lines.
Consider action approving the acceptance of a 2006 Homeland Security Grant and authorizing the Mayor to act on behalf of the City in matters pertaining to the grant.
- Consider action awarding the bid for water and sewer inventory to Golden Triangle Pipe.
- Consider action approving an agreement with Schaumburg & Polk, Inc. for services associated with the submission of the City's wastewater discharge permit renewal documentation.
- Consider action approving an agreement with Stanley G. Newsome, Jr., P.E. for surveying services.
- Consider action approving a payment to The LaBiche Architectural Group, Inc. in the amount of $843.52, Hurricane Rita restoration of City buildings.
- Consider action approving a payment to Schaumburg & Polk, Inc. in the amount of $2,243.69, Beauxart Gardens Road improvement projects.
- Consider action approving a payment to Don S. Reichle & Associates, Inc. in the amount of $200.00, Inspections/Storm Survey Reports on Hardy Avenue, Canal Avenue, and South 5th Street water tanks.
- Consider action approving a payment to Don S. Reichle & Associates, Inc. in the amount of $5,575.00, storm damage repair to South 5th Street and Canal Avenue Tanks and repair and painting of Hardy Avenue tank.
- Consider action approving the payment of the bills for the month of September.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as authorized by law.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Consider potential litigation against Galveston Wireless, L.L.C.
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in Executive Session.
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, October 9, 2006