Agenda for Monday, March 22, 2004
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City
Council to be held Monday, March 22, 2004, 6:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400
Boston Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The City
Council reserves the right to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda items
whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
- Consider action authorizing an appointment to the Nederland City Council to fill the unexpired
term of the Ward IV Councilmember.
- Consider action appointing a Mayor Pro tem to the Nederland City Council.
Consider action approving Resolution No. 2004-03, opposing school finance or tax system reforms
that would negatively affect City revenues and economic development efforts.
Consider action approving the closure of certain streets for the First Baptist Church Fun Run.
- Consider action authorizing the purchase of a pickup truck for the Fire Department, Department
of Homeland Security Grant.
- Consider action authorizing the purchase of manhole inserts.
Consider action authorizing the submission of an application to the Federal Emergency Management
Administration/Department of Homeland Security for the 2004 Assistance to Fire Fighters Grant.
- Consider action approving a contract with CompLink for flexible benefits administration
- Consider action approving a Letter of Engagement with G.P. Monnin Consulting, Inc. for
calculations regarding the financial impact of post-retirement benefits.
SEWER LINE PROJECT
Consider action approving the installation of culverts at 703 S. 5th Street.
- Consider approval of a payment to Brystar Contracting, Inc. in the amount of $112,305.58,
wastewater collection system improvements (Years 4 & 5).
- Consider approval of a payment to Brystar Contracting, Inc. in the amount of $12,492.50, manhole
- Consider approval of a payment to Brystar Contracting, Inc. in the amount of $214,558.23, S.
5th Street sewer rehabilitation.
- Consider approval of a payment to Schaumburg & Polk, Inc. in the amount of $5,235.36, 2002-2003
wastewater collection system improvements (Year 5).
- Consider approval of a payment to Schaumburg & Polk, Inc. in the amount of $1,519.44, S.
5th Street sewer rehabilitation.
- Consider approval of a payment to Peltier Brothers Construction, Ltd. in the amount of
$24,802.60, sanitary sewer manhole sealing.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of
the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as
authorized by law.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Litigation against KSA Engineers, Inc. and ALLCO, Inc. regarding water treatment plant
- Appeal of Texas Gas Service Company from the ratesetting actions of the Cities of Nederland, Port Neches, and Groves
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, March 22, 2004