Agenda for Monday, August 14, 2006
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City Council to be held Monday, August 14, 2006, 3:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400 Boston Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda items whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Consider action authorizing the Nederland Police Department to escort Nederland High School buses to out of town football games.
- Consider action approving the Library Technology Plan.
- Consider action authorizing the submission of a grant to the Hebert Foundation for the Marion & Ed Hughes Public Library.
MUTUAL AID AGREEMENT
- Consider action approving a Mutual Aid Agreement with the City of Mineola, Texas.
- Consider action approving a Mutual Aid Agreement with Wood County, Texas.
Consider action authorizing the advertisement of bids for repairs to water towers.
Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2006-08, an appropriation ordinance adopting a budget in accordance with Article VII in the Charter of the City of Nederland.
- Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2006-09, adopting a tax rate for the fiscal year
beginning October 1, 2006 and ending September 30, 2007.
- Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2006-10, water and sewer rates and tap fees.
CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
Consider approval of the Five Year Capital Improvement Program.
- Consider action approving a payment to Kieschnick Industries, Inc. in the amount of $42,636.00 for work done on UV Troughs at the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Consider action approving a payment to The LaBiche Architectural Group, Inc. in the amount of $1,174.00, Hurricane Rita restoration of City buildings.
- Consider action approving a payment to N&T Construction Co., Inc. in the amount of $26,820.42, Hurricane Rita renovations to the Recreation Center and Hughes Library.
- Consider action approving a payment to N&T Construction Co., Inc. in the amount of $21,810.01, Hurricane Rita renovations to the Fire Station.
- Consider action approving a payment to Mike Barnett Construction in the amount of $166,628.00, Hurricane Rita roof repairs.
- Consider action approving payment of the bills for the Month of July.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as authorized by law.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Appeal of Texas Gas Service Company from the ratesetting actions of the Cities of Nederland, Port Neches, and Groves
- Consider potential litigation against Galveston Wireless, L.L.C.
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in Executive Session.
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, August 14, 2006