Agenda for Monday, June 26, 2006
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City Council to be held Monday, June 26, 2006, 6:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400 Boston Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda items whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
- Consider action regarding a request from Nikki Brackin concerning the property at 8214 Airline Drive.
- Consider action regarding a request from the Recovery Coalition of Southeast Texas, LLC for a financial commitment ($0.43 per capita) to compensate Bracewell & Giuliani, LLP and the Ben Barnes Group for their effort on behalf of the hurricane recovery cause for Southeast Texas.
CONSUMER CONFIDENCE REPORT
Receive comments regarding the Consumer Confidence Report.
- Consider action approving an agreement with DRC Emergency Services, LLC for debris removal services.
- Consider action approving an agreement with Beck Disaster Recovery, Inc. for debris removal management services.
- Consider action approving appointments to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
- Consider action approving appointments to the Construction Board of Appeals for four (4) two-year terms and a one year term.
- Consider action approving an appointment to the Firefighters' Civil Service Commission for a three-year term.
- Consider action approving a payment to The LaBiche Architectural Group, Inc. in the amount of $1,761.00, architectural services through May 31, 2006.
- Consider action approving a payment to Schaumburg & Polk, Inc. in the amount of $4,895.00, generator study.
- Consider action approving a payment to Schaumburg & Polk, Inc. in the amount of $1,350.00, 2005 collection system rehabilitation.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as authorized by law.
- Personnel - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.074
Discuss personnel appointments: City Clerk, Director of Finance, Police Chief, City Judge, and City Attorney.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Appeal of Texas Gas Service Company from the ratesetting actions of the Cities of Nederland, Port Neches, and Groves
- Consider potential litigation against Galveston Wireless, L.L.C.
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
- Economic Development Negotiations - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.087
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in
Consider action authorizing the appointment of a City Clerk, Director of Finance, Police Chief,
City Judge, and City Attorney.
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, June 26, 2006