Agenda for Monday, May 22, 2006
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City Council to be held Monday, May 22, 2006, 6:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400 Boston Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda items whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
- Canvass election returns of the May 13, 2006 election; swearing in Mayor and Councilmembers for Wards II and IV.
- Consider action authorizing the payment of election officials in accordance with the Texas Election Code.
- Elect Mayor pro tempore in accordance with Section 3.06 of the City Charter.
Consider a request from Sunoco Partners Marketing & Terminals L.P. for an ad valorem tax abatement.
- Consider action approving a contract with d.p. Consulting Engineers, Inc. for engineering services related to the FY 2006 Water and Sewer Improvements Project, Texas Community Development Program.
- Consider action approving an agreement with Interface EAP for the Employee Assistance Program.
Consider action approving Ordinance 2006-07, Recreation Center and swimming pool hours of operation, fees, and policies.
- Consider action approving Change Order No. 2 with Brystar Contracting, 2004 Smoke Test - Year 1 Project.
- Consider action accepting improvements regarding the 2004 Smoke Test - Year 1 Project.
STREET LIGHT REQUEST
Consider action authorizing the installation of a street light at 3215 Seattle Avenue.
- Consider action approving a payment to N&T Construction in the amount of $131,784.49, Hurricane Rita renovations of the Recreation Center, Hughes Library.
- Consider action approving a payment to Neches Engineers in the amount of $2,229.15, Hurricane Rita roof repairs.
- Consider action approving a payment to The LaBiche Architectural Group, Inc. in the amount of $6,196.60, Hurricane Rita renovations of the Recreation Center, Hughes Library, and Fire Station.
- Consider action approving a payment to Brystar Contracting, Inc. in the amount of $45,575.00, emergency sewer line repair.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as authorized by law.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Appeal of Texas Gas Service Company from the ratesetting actions of the Cities of Nederland, Port Neches, and Groves
- Consider potential litigation against Galveston Wireless, L.L.C.
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
- Economic Development Negotiations - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.087
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, May 22, 2006