R. A. "Dick" Nugent, Mayor
Don Albanese, Mayor Pro Tem
Talmadge Austin, Councilmember
Billy Neal, Councilmember
Craig J. Belaire, Councilmember
Christopher Duque, City Manager
P.O. Box 967 * Nederland, Texas 77627 * 409.723.1503 * Fax 409.723.1550
Agenda for Monday, December 8, 2003
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City Council to be held Monday,
December 8, 2003, 3:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400 Boston Avenue, Nederland,
Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The City Council reserves the right
to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda items whenever it is considered
necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
- Receive comments from Don Pumphrey concerning Entergy operations and services.
- Receive comments from Jeff Darby concerning changing the utility easements in the Christina
Consider action awarding bid for sanitary sewer manhole frame reconstruction.
- Consider approval of a payment to ALLCO, Inc. in the amount of $23,654,68, wastewater plant
- Consider approval of a payment to d.p. Consulting Engineers, Inc. in the amount of $1,412.00,
Boston Avenue Pavement Rehabilitation and Beautification Project.
- Consider approval of a payment to d.p. Consulting Engineers, Inc. in the amount of $2,318.70,
upper Main C drainage improvements.
- Consider approval of the bills for the month of November.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of
the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as
authorized by law.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Litigation against KSA Engineers, Inc. and ALLCO, Inc. regarding water treatment plant
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, December 8, 2003