Agenda for Monday, September 12, 2005
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City Council to be held Monday, September 12, 2005, 3:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400 Boston Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda items whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Conduct a Public Hearing for the purpose of discussing and receiving comments regarding the proposed tax rate of $.646438/$100 assessed valuation for FY 05-06.
Receive comments from Vera LeBlanc, 1517 Franklin Avenue, regarding Ordinance No. 134, animal control.
- Consider action authorizing the closure of 14th Street, from Boston Avenue to Chicago Avenue, on October 11, 2005, from 5:00-9:00 p.m., for Fire Prevention Week activities.
- Consider action authorizing the closure of 13th Street, from Atlanta Avenue to Nederland Avenue, on October 1, 2005, from 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., for First United Methodist Church Harvest Festival activities.
TEXAS COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Consider action approving the selection of Administrative/Grant Management Services of the TCDP Water & Sewer Improvements Project awarded in the 2005-2006 funding cycle.
Consider action authorizing the advertisement of bids for the repair/replacement of sewer lines, 2004 Smoke Test-Years 2 & 3 project.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Consider action approving the Policies and Procedures Manual for the Marion & Ed Hughes Public Library.
- Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2005-13, establishing the Marion & Ed Hughes Public Library.
- Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2005-14, making it illegal to intentionally or knowingly fail to return library materials to the Marion & Ed Hughes Public Library.
- Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2005-15, establishing a fee schedule for the Marion & Ed Hughes Public Library.
Consider action approving Resolution No. 2005-14, nominating Charles Lankford as a candidate for the Board of Directors of the Jefferson County Appraisal District.
NEDERLAND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
Consider action appointing/reappointing persons to the Nederland Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors.
- Consider action approving a payment to Brystar Contracting, Inc. in the amount of $4,440.75, S. 5th Street trunk line replacement.
- Consider action approving a payment to ALLCO, Inc. in the amount of $2,831.19, west annexation water and sewer improvements, Phase 2.
- Consider action approving a payment to ALLCO, Inc. in the amount of $42,000.60, west annexation water and sewer improvements, Phase 2, final.
- Consider action approving the payments for the month of August.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as authorized by law.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Appeal of Texas Gas Service Company from the ratesetting actions of the Cities of Nederland, Port Neches, and Groves
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, September 12, 2005