R. A. "Dick" Nugent, Mayor
Don Albanese, Mayor Pro Tem
Talmadge Austin, Councilmember
Billy Neal, Councilmember
Craig J. Belaire, Councilmember
Christopher Duque, City Manager
P.O. Box 967 * Nederland, Texas 77627 * 409.723.1503 * Fax 409.723.1550
Agenda for Monday, August 22, 2005
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City Council to be held Monday, August 22, 2005, 6:00 p.m.,
at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400 Boston Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for the purpose of considering the
following agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the
agenda items whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Consider action authorizing the advertisement of bids for effluent troughs at the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2005-10, an appropriation ordinance adopting a budget in accordance with
Article VII in the Charter of the City of Nederland.
- Consider action establishing the proposed tax rate for FY 05-06.
- Consider action regarding adoption of the proposed FY 05-06 tax rate and establishing a date and time for
- Consider action regarding discussion on the proposed tax rate and establishing dates and times for Public
- Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2005-11, utility regulations and rates.
- Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2005-12, requiring actions by CenterPoint Energy Entex regarding its
proposed change in rates.
CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
Consider approval of the Five Year Capital Improvement Program.
Consider action approving a payment to Schaumburg & Polk, Inc. in the amount of $829.00, Beauxart Garden Road
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as authorized by law.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Appeal of Texas Gas Service Company from the ratesetting actions of the Cities of Nederland, Port Neches, and Groves
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, August 22, 2005