Agenda for Monday, July 11, 2005
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City Council to be held Monday, July 11, 2005, 3:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400 Boston Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda items whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
CONSUMER CONFIDENCE REPORT
Receive comments regarding the Consumer Confidence Report.
Consider a request from Sunoco Partners Marketing & Terminals L.P. for an ad valorem tax abatement.
- Consider action approving Resolution No. 2005-06, authorizing the submission of a Fiscal Year 2005 Port Security Grant to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Consider action approving Resolution No. 2005-07, approving a Master Advance Funding Agreement with the Texas Department of Transportation.
- Consider action approving Resolution No. 2005-08, approving a Funding Transportation Project Advance Funding Agreement for a Congestion Mitigation/Air Quality Project for traffic signal pre-emption.
- Consider action approving Resolution No. 2005-09, supporting additional Federal funding for maintenance dredging of the Sabine-Neches Waterway.
- Consider action approving a payment to d.p. Consulting Engineers, Inc. in the amount of $1,286.00, Boston Avenue landscaping project.
- Consider action approving a payment to Excavators & Constructors, Inc. in the amount of $67,336.00, Hwy. 69/Airport area force main relocation.
- Consider action approving a payment to Excavators & Constructors, Inc. in the amount of $3,544.00, Hwy. 69/Airport area force main relocation, final.
- Consider approval of the bills for the month of June.
Consider action approving Resolution No. 2005-10, submitting the City of Nederland Annual Budget for the fiscal year beginning October 1, 2005 and ending September 30, 2006, and calling for a Public Hearing to be held at 3:00 p.m., August 8, 2005, for the purpose of discussing the proposed budget as per Article VII of the City Charter.
CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
Discussion regarding the Five Year Capital Improvement Program
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as authorized by law.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Appeal of Texas Gas Service Company from the ratesetting actions of the Cities of Nederland, Port Neches, and Groves
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, July 11, 2005