Agenda for Monday, March 28, 2005
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City
Council to be held Monday, March 28, 2005, 6:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400
Boston Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The City
Council reserves the right to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda items
whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
Recognition of Cub Scout Pack 232.
Consider action approving a variance to the Subdivision Ordinance, Section 94.29(g)(2), as
recommended by the Planning and Zoning Commission.
Consider action accepting improvements in Sanders Business Park.
Discussion of areas currently designated "no-parking" and proposed revisions to these areas.
Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2005-08, authorizing the issuance of City of Nederland,
Texas Tax Anticipation Notes, Series 2005, specifying the terms and features of said Notes; levying
a continuing direct annual ad valorem tax for the payment of the principal of and interest on said
Notes; and resolving other matters in connection therewith.
Consider action authorizing repair work on the S. 5th Street water storage tank.
Consider action authorizing Brystar Contracting, Inc. to replace approximately 1,000 feet of sewer
line near Verna Drive, and declaring an emergency.
- Consider action approving a payment to Don S. Reichle & Associates, Inc. in the amount of
$1,750.00, S. 5th Street water tower.
- Consider action approving a payment to Schaumburg & Polk, Inc. in the amount of $1,080.00, 2005
collection system rehabilitation.
- Consider action approving a payment to Schaumburg & Polk, Inc. in the amount of $16,266.48,
Beauxart Garden Road improvements.
- Consider action approving a payment to Excavators & Constructors, Inc. in the amount of
$38,218.77, drainage improvements, Area 3, Option II.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of
the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as
authorized by law.
- Personnel - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.074
Discuss personnel - Mike Lovelady
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Appeal of Texas Gas Service Company from the ratesetting actions of the Cities of Nederland, Port Neches, and Groves
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, March 28, 2005