R. A. "Dick" Nugent, Mayor
Don Albanese, Mayor Pro Tem
Talmadge Austin, Councilmember
Billy Neal, Councilmember
Craig J. Belaire, Councilmember
Christopher Duque, City Manager
P.O. Box 967 * Nederland, Texas 77627 * 409.723.1503 * Fax 409.723.1550
Agenda for Monday, January 10, 2005
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City
Council to be held Monday, January 10, 2005, 3:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400
Boston Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The City
Council reserves the right to retire into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda items
whenever it is considered necessary and legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
- Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2005-01, denying Entergy Gulf States, Inc.'s request to
change rates in this municipality; authorizing Entergy Gulf States, Inc.'s request to withdraw the
Statement of Intent requesting a change of rates in the municipality; providing a requirement for
reimbursement of costs incurred by the City.
- Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2005-02, regulating junked vehicles.
- Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2005-03, amending the trash ordinance.
- Consider action authorizing the purchase of a trash truck.
- Consider action authorizing requests for proposals for janitorial services.
Consider action approving payment of the bills for the month of December.
Consider action approving Resolution No. 2005-01 authorizing the Mayor to execute an Interlocal
Agreement for automatic assistance relating to fire protection between the cities of Nederland, Port
Neches, and Groves.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of
the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as
authorized by law.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Appeal of Texas Gas Service Company from the ratesetting actions of the Cities of Nederland, Port Neches, and Groves
- IRS issues presented by the Nederland Volunteer Fire Department, Inc.
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, January 10, 2005