Don Albanese, Mayor
Billy Neal, Mayor Pro Tem
Talmadge Austin, Councilmember
Emmett Hollier, Councilmember
Sylvia Root, Councilmember
Christopher Duque, City Manager
P.O. Box 967 * Nederland, Texas 77627 * 409.723.1503 * Fax 409.723.1550
Agenda for Monday, January 26, 2004
NEDERLAND CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
NOTICE is hereby given of a regular meeting of the Nederland City Council to be held Monday, January
26, 2004, 6:00 p.m., at the Nederland City Office Building, 1400 Boston Avenue, Nederland, Texas, for
the purpose of considering the following agenda items. The City Council reserves the right to retire
into Executive Session concerning any of the agenda items whenever it is considered necessary and
legally justified pursuant to Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
- CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER
- APPROVE THE MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
NEDERLAND VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT
- Consider a request from the Nederland Volunteer Fire Department to sponsor a 4th of
July fireworks display.
- Consider action authorizing an increase in the number of personnel in the Nederland Volunteer
Consider action approving Ordinance No. 2004-01, amending the FY 2003-04 budget.
Consider action approving Resolution No. 2004-01, authorizing participation with other Entergy
service area cities in matters by Entergy at the Public Utility Commission of Texas in 2004.
Consider action approving a contract with Hale Benefits Analysis Services, Ltd. (HBAS) to assist
with the preparation and evaluation of bids for employee health insurance.
Consider action appointing a member to the Nederland Economic Development Corporation Board of
Directors to fill an unexpired term.
- Consider action authorizing payment to Brystar Contracting, Inc. in the amount of $199,500.95,
S. 5th Street sewer rehabilitation project.
- Consider action authorizing payment to Peltier Brothers Construction, Ltd. in the amount of
$91,260.80, sanitary sewer manhole sealing.
EXECUTIVE SESSION (No Public Discussion on These Items)
The City Council will announce that it will go into Executive Session, pursuant to Chapter 551 of
the Texas Government Code, to discuss matters as specifically listed on the agenda, or as
authorized by law.
- Real Property - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.072
Discuss acquisition, exchange, sale, and/or release of property.
- Litigation - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Discuss pending and threatened litigation:
- City of Nederland v. Entergy Gulf States, Entergy, Inc. and Entergy Services, Inc.
- Litigation against KSA Engineers, Inc. and ALLCO, Inc. regarding water treatment plant
- Appeal of Texas Gas Service Company from the ratesetting actions of the Cities of Nederland, Port Neches, and Groves
- Consultation with City Attorney - Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.071
Reconvene into regular session and discuss and take action, if any, on items discussed in
Receive comments from Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
END Agenda for Monday, January 26, 2004